Assistant Manager of Advancement Services/Matching Gifts Coordinator
North Central College
Location: Naperville, Illinois
Internal Number: 10830
Employment Status: Staff
Description of Key Responsibility:
1. Perform all data updates (including address, employment, deaths, marriages, etc., pertaining to alumni, parents, friends, corporations, foundations, and churches on the appropriate database screens) from returned mail, address change request forms, AlumniFinder, and other information gathering processes within the College's database Ellucian CRM Advance.
2. Continuous management and maintenance of Ellucian CRM Advance database including validating data, identifying challenges and solutions, and provide training as necessary for appropriate College staff. Record business practices to use as an internal audit and recommendation for system success and benchmarking.
3. Recognize and identify key campaign and contribution data elements and assist in Institutional Advancement tracking and reporting initiatives.
4. Process gift batch entry and provide reports on a daily basis.
5. Process thank you letters, receipts, and correspondence pertaining to gift batch entry on a daily basis.
6. Manage the matching gift program comprising of form submission and report execution through a variety of third party portals or company platforms.
7. Actively serve as the liaison with the Business Office and Advancement Services to identify electronic payments, account accuracy, and reconcile outstanding items from various sources and payment methods. Collaborate to streamline and document business practices that best serve fundraising and accounting activities.
8. Manage online contributions from third party site through creation of new pages, report execution, and coordination with the Business Office. Provide insight on usage of site for numerous campaigns, auctions, and events for other departments.
9. Maintain parent and graduate records in CRM Advance through information provided from the Registrar.
10. Coordinate employee College pledge/gift payroll deduction details with the Office of Human Resources.
11. Oversee processes and procedures for hard copy filing system relating to the following constituent groups: alumni, parents, friends, corporations, foundations, churches, and deceased.
12. Partner with Alumni and Development staff regarding mail pieces and other data requests pertinent to gift entry as part of the department's annual communication/solicitation/engagement sequence.
13. Communicate with constituents of the College to satisfy various donation-related needs.
14. Perform other job-related duties and tasks as appropriately assigned.
1. Support the College's mission, vision and values, and contribute to the advancement of the College's Strategic Plan. 2. Demonstrate a strong commitment to continuous quality improvement. 3. Demonstrate civil and inclusive behavior when interacting with staff, faculty, students and visitors to the College. Promote a flexible, collaborative and inclusive work and living environment and engage in educational opportunities to increase awareness and understanding of diversity and inclusion.
4. Knowledge of and ability to use computer-based systems including word-processing and spreadsheet applications and, in particular, the ability to manage a database. Ability to prepare selection statements necessary to produce customized reports.
5. Ability to utilize mathematical skills necessary for compiling, summarizing, and analyzing large volumes of data.
6. Knowledge and understanding of accounting procedures.
7. Ability to communicate in the English language, both orally and in writing, including the ability to compose professional-quality acknowledgement letters and other correspondence. 8. The ability to accurately process large volumes of data on a daily basis. This requires a person who is disciplined, well-organized, detail oriented and able to function effectively in situations, which are at times stressful.
9. Ability to continuously demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills in dealing with College personnel and, at times, with Alumni and other donors on the telephone.
10. Ability to quickly grasp knowledge of College organization, operation, philosophy and vision for the future.
11. Ability and inclination to exercise discretion with regard to personal and confidential information.
An Associate's degree is required, a Bachelor's degree is preferred. Training in computerized office operation, word processing, and accounting is desirable.
At least 1-5 years of experience in an office environment, preferably in a College/University, accounting/financial services, or corporate setting.
Licenses or Certifications:
Valid driver's license and acceptable driving record is required.
The Assistant Manager of Advancement Services /Matching Gifts Coordinator will support the fundraising efforts of the Institutional Advancement team by ensuring that gifts to the College, primarily monetary and from a variety of channels, are promptly and accurately recorded, processed and acknowledged. They will regularly provide the Development and Alumni Engagement team with the current status of fundraising efforts, ensure that the mailing and fundraising database is complete and up-to-date, and interact with other institutional offices to represent their activities using best data practices. The person in this position will provide recommendations to solve data/CRM issues to ensure alumni and donor data integrity.
North Central College is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to increasing the diversity of our workforce. NCC provides reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities where appropriate. If you need reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process, please notify the Office of Human Resources. Determinations for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.
Organization Type: Higher Education Institution