Reporting to the CEO, as a key member of the Association leadership team, the VP, Development and Corporate Relations is responsible for association corporate memberships and leadership with the corporate champions. This position maintains a cooperative and close working relationship with each corporate member, staff, the Board of Directors, the Founders, members, and volunteers.
All activities are done to further the Wnet Mission: “To create a stronger and more diverse industry by empowering and investing in women.”
1. Corporate Sponsor Sales Strategy and Execution
This position leads a strategic year-round approach to corporate membership expansion and is expected to maintain an ongoing relationship with all corporate sponsors.
The Vice President Development and Corporate Relations is expected to create, implement and maintain a process of communication and transparency concerning all aspects of the sales cycle with CEO and Board of Directors.
Wnet volunteers, including the Board of Directors, shall be tapped to assist in the recruitment and connection to current and prospect members. a. Renewals – -Attainment of a minimum 85% renewal rate i. Conduct or oversee all activities needed to ensure member renewal b. New Sales – Identification, engagement and sales of new corporate memberships; sales goals set each year
2. Member Outreach and Engagement
a. Staff lead for Corporate Champion Committee i. Work with volunteer committee leaders to set goals for the committee ii. Host regular committee meetings, outreach, and follow-up iii. Work cooperatively with Corporate Champions in the promotion of Wnet in the Corporate Champion company communications. iv. Work with the Wnet team to produce a Corporate Champion annual training workshop and yearly kick off b. Work cooperatively with Sr. VP Member Relations and Content to identify prospect individual members for corporate membership c. Work cooperatively with Director Marketing and Communications to create prospect and current sales communications pieces and plans
3. Identification of Key Performance Indicators a. Track metrics for all current and prospect sponsors and identify Key Performance, Leading, and Lagging Indicators b. Provide regular reporting of sales and metrics including attainment of identified Key Performance Indicators.
4. Internal and External Sales Communications and Transparency a. Provide regular sales reports to CEO and Board members b. Meet with sponsor and convey the full extent of their involvement in Wnet. Prepare regular proof of performance pieces that positively reinforces their decision to sponsor with Wnet.
5. Fulfillment a. Track individual company sponsorships and ensure fulfillment b. Provide corporate member ROI reports and identify opportunities for improvement c. Ensure an ongoing and strong relationship with all corporate sponsors
6. Strategic Planning: Support strategic planning efforts which include multi-year plans as well as annual goals, both departmental and individual. Attain buy-in and support of goals. Ensure all plans have measurable outcomes.
7. Personal Development: Participate in continuous improvement and development to stay abreast of sales trends and continuously improve the Association. Create a sense of urgency and positive outlook to support change. Anticipate challenges that can sidetrack or derail growth and personal learning.
8. Leadership: Develop and nurture healthy staff relationships. Use leadership and communication skills to develop effective and productive working relationships with staff. Maintain a member and service focus, and a commitment to teamwork.
9. Collaboration: Work together with leadership team to determine needs and effectively drive awareness of Wnet, our mission, and our industry impact.
10. Operational Effectiveness: Integrate multiple thinking processes to make decisions. Involve members and community, when necessary, in the marketing of programs and activities.
11. Technical Guidance and Implementation: Use best practices and demonstrate up-to-date knowledge and skills in technology. Provide transparency in the sales process: track all sales in a system that can be accessed by other staff and/or board members.
12. Perform other duties as assigned.
Bachelor's Degree in Business or related field
8 or more years of experience in associations sales or the fintech industry (preferred)
Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Experience in business intelligence systems and the creation of Key Performance Indicators using available metrics
October 27, 2020 3
Proven organizational, leadership, collaboration, and customer service skills
Demonstrated public speaking and community relations experience
Excellent command of Microsoft Excel and willingness to learn Association Management System.
Strong organizational and presentation skills
Working Conditions: Remote position. Some travel may be required for special events, board meetings, and other programs.
Wnet (Women’s Network in Electronic Transactions) is an equal opportunity employer.
Telecommuting is allowed.
Wnet is a not-for-profit organization built and sustained by volunteers who believe in our mission and give their time and talent to create leadership development, mentoring and networking opportunities for thousands of women across the industry.