As a leader on the Cable Cash Management’s payments team, this position will oversee customer payments made by card & ACH for Comcast’s Cable Division. This payments professional will be responsible for creating best practices for payment card and ACH operations and ensuring that they adhere to the company's business strategies. Additionally, this position will monitor and evaluate trends in order to recommend and implement changes and will work with business units and stakeholders to design and deliver change and strategic initiatives. This position will also perform the following related to business operations: budgeting, forecasting, financial analysis, and reporting; direct the assurance and compliance of all internal operational business controls and utilize benchmarking tools to provide comprehensive financial and operational performance recommendations; provide guidance to multiple areas of the business that take electronic payments; provide leadership and direction for diverse and complex functions; contribute to the development of the organization’s business strategy; interpret business strategy and develop organizational objectives to align with this strategy; and manage a team of professionals. This position will strive to provide a world class customer experience for both internal and external customers. This is a highly strategic role, requiring flexibility, creativity, and strong change management discipline.
Employees at all levels are expected to:
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines for how you do your job
- Own the customer experience - think and act in ways that put our customers first, give them seamless digital options at every touchpoint, and make them promoters of our products and services
- Know your stuff - be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates of our game-changing technology, products and services, especially our digital tools and experiences
- Win as a team - make big things happen by working together and being open to new ideas
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System - a way of working that brings more employee and customer feedback into the company - by joining huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate opportunities to do better for our customers
- Drive results and growth
- Respect and promote inclusion and diversity
- Do what's right for each other, our customers, investors and our communities
- Implements the strategic goals and objectives of the organization.
- Develops and implements business processes and third party products/services as necessary designed for the prevention of fraud, revenue loss, and inappropriate record keeping.
- Serves as a subject matter expert to educate internal stakeholders on various payment matters as needed.
- Monitors chargeback ratios to ensure compliance with card brands’ chargeback threshold requirements and oversees dispute response management.
- Employs strategies for optimizing approval rates through effective use of MCCs and decline retry strategies.
- Optimizes interchange costs using various strategies (e.g., least cost routing, card brand incentive agreements, etc.).
- Partners with the Customer Care organization and other internal stakeholders to ensure optimal customer payment experiences via effective use of messaging and communications.
- Ensures compliance with card brand and NACHA regulations.
- Manages merchant IDs.
- Oversees dashboard and other payment reporting systems.
- Regularly reviews, monitors and reports on card and ACH payment KPIs. - Works with internal teams and key internal business stakeholders to design, plan and deploy new payment functionality as well as enhance existing functionality.
- Manages relationships with card brands, acquirer, gateway and other third parties
- Serves as the lead in the negotiation of contracts.
- Performs financial and statistical analyses including ROI as needed to support contract negotiations, budgeting and other strategic activities.
-Creates high quality presentation reporting and internal communications for business partners and Senior leadership.
-Recruits, hires, trains and develops team members.
-Scopes, plans and manages initiatives through the entire life cycle, ensuring delivery to time, cost and quality.
-Ensures that contract invoices are reviewed and analyzed, and that payment is only for services received and accepted according to the contract
-Experience should demonstrate proficiency with onetime and recurring payments and multiple payment channels, including IVR, web, mobile app, and retail (POS, EMV, and kiosk)
-Manages and directs accounting procedures, financial systems, internal control mechanisms, and capital projects. Creates, maintains, reviews, and revises Company budget.
- Evaluates actual results against expected performance and initiates areas for improvement.
- Provides leadership and direction to Business Operations staff by setting goals, objectives, performance criteria, and departmental standards.
- Assures the organization and its mission, programs, products, and services are consistently presented in a strong, positive image to relevant stakeholders.
- Recommends yearly budget for Board approval and prudently manages the organization's resources within those budget guidelines, according to current laws and regulations.
- Directs the supervision of general accounting, financial reporting, and card and ACH payment processing of the Company.
- Measures and analyzes actual performance and implements methods for improving
profitability where needed.
- Builds relationships, leads integrated teams, and collaborates with other functional
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.