The Health Services Office Manager plans, coordinates, and performs functions which support Health Services' daily financial, facilities, and business operations. Including but not limited to medical billing and coding/fiscal management, schedule management, electronic health records and medical records administrative support, supply management, immunization compliance coordination. Assists HIPAA Privacy Officer in maintaining office policies and procedures which adhere to federal and state security and privacy laws. Provides excellent customer service, and represents Health Services to the campus community and outside entities. Supports the University strategic goal of advancing equity, wellness and civility at USC Upstate.
- Facilitate administrative aspects front office patient appointment processing from initial scheduling, patient registration, check out and reconciling financial transactions. Utilize the electronic health record (EHR) to accurately document scheduling, registration and billing services. Answer phone calls to schedule appointments, respond to general service provision questions, and refer medical inquiries to clinical staff.
- Maintain current knowledge and follow all University policies and procedures related to financial transactions. Deposit monies in accordance with University policy and software systems, including office visit payments, and other revenue or reimbursements. Process travel and other expense reimbursements in accordance with University policies. Billing & payment processing, insurance billing, claims corrections and reconciliation as needed. Maintain accuracy of patient accounts. Ensure EHR up to date with appropriate CPT codes, participate in and facilitate billing and coding training as needed. Complete needed credentialing and work with partners to implement and maintain Student Health Insurance plan and other insurance plan relationships. Professionally respond to all inquiries regarding Student Health Insurance and other billing inquiries in a timely manner via written and/or oral communication.
- Manage clinical and administrative schedule and staffing to maintain optimal clinical availability for daily operations and special events working under guidance of the Health Services Director. Adjust schedule in Electronic Health Record, website, and other schedule platforms as needed for increased and decreased volume, staff time off, and specialty clinics in a timely fashion with minimal errors. Notify campus and community partners of any clinic closures or schedule modifications. Assists director with temporary staff HR processing.
- Procures medical and office supplies under the direction of the Director and Assistant Director. Manages all facility building issues, and medical and office equipment issues to ensure proper functioning and maintenance.
- Maintain full functioning of Electronic Health Record, facilitate updates and improvements as needed. Resolve computer hardware, software and network issues working with University IT and outside vendors for related interfaces as needed.
- Immunization Compliance Management: Administrative oversight of communications, events, and processing of immunization records for USC Upstate students. Maintain efficient, accurate, electronic entry of immunizations records into Banner and other software systems. Provide timely electronic reporting for orientation groups, class registration, and infectious disease response as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
Advertised Minimum Qualifications :
Bachelor's degree and 3 years of work experience that is directly related to the area of employment, or high school diploma and 7 years work experience that is directly related to the area of employment; or equivalency. Successful background check is required.
Full/Part Time: Full Time
Internal Number: 54296
About The University of South Carolina
The University of South Carolina System is comprised of the state’s flagship university in Columbia (founded in 1801 and currently one of the top 50 “Best Colleges” according to U.S. News and World Report), three regional comprehensive universities (USC Aiken, USC Beaufort and USC Upstate), and Palmetto College consisting of four two-year campuses (USC Lancaster, USC Salkehatchie, USC Sumter, USC Union and Fort Jackson/Extended University). Together, the USC System institutions offer more than 450 degree programs on campus and online and are uniquely positioned to meet the state’s educational, cultural, health and research needs. The System employs nearly 14,000 people who work daily to improve the lives of students, fellow South Carolinians and the world. Our diverse engaged faculty and staff enjoy a dynamic and intellectually stimulating work environment.