Located in Nashville, Tennessee, and operating at a global crossroads of teaching, discovery and patient care, VUMC is a community of individuals who come to work each day with the simple aim of changing the world. It is a place where your expertise will be valued, your knowledge expanded and your abilities challenged. It is a place where your diversity â of culture, thinking, learning and leading â is sought and celebrated. It is a place where employees know they are part of something that is bigger than themselves, take exceptional pride in their work and never settle for what was good enough yesterday. Vanderbiltâs mission is to advance health and wellness through preeminent programs in patient care, education, and research.
The Revenue Cycle Central Business Office is located at One Hundred Oaks and has over 200 team members dedicated to the resolution and capture of Accounts Receivable.. Team members specialize in complex administrative and technical reimbursement rules associated with producing clean claims and fulfilling regulatory and contracted payer edits along with numerous other billing and/or payment requirements
JOB CODE INFORMATION:
Job Code: 6210
Job Stream Description: Support/Technical
JOB SUMMARY: Coordinates the billing and followup process between the organization, payers and patients with occasional guidance. Reviews denials and works with third party payers to ensure accurate reimbursement. Monitors, audits, and processes payments and adjustments to accounts.
Processes claims, payments, adjustments, refunds, denials, and unpaid patient and insurance balances.
Accesses and corrects, if needed, demographic, insurance and financial information.
Provides accurate account maintenance and documentation.
The responsibilities listed are a general overview of the position and additional duties may be assigned.
DATA ENTRY (INTERMEDIATE):- The ability to transcribe information from the original source into an electronic system according to written and verbal instructions efficiently and accurately.
REVENUE CYCLE (NOVICE):- Knowledge of the financial process to track patient care from registration and scheduling to the final payment of a balance.
Organizational Impact: Performs tasks that are typically routine that may impact team's performance with occasional guidance.
Problem Solving/ Complexity of work: Utilizes some discretion and research to solve routine problems.
Breadth of Knowledge: Applies knowledge of standards, established processes and procedure that apply to your own job.
Team Interaction: Provides guidance to entry level co-workers.
SUPPORTING COLLEAGUES (S2):
- Develops Self and Others: Continuously improves own skills by identifying development opportunities.
- Builds and Maintains Relationships : Seeks to understand colleagues priorities, working styles and develops relationships across areas.
- Communicates Effectively: Openly shares information with others and communicates in a clear and courteous manner.
DELIVERING EXCELLENT SERVICES (S2):
- Serves Others with Compassion: Invests time to understand the problems, needs of others and how to provide excellent service.
- Solves Complex Problems: Seeks to understand issues, solves routine problems, and raises proper concerns tosupervisors in a timely manner.
- Offers Meaningful Advice and Support: Listens carefully to understand the issues and provides accurate information and support.
ENSURING HIGH QUALITY (S2):
- Performs Excellent Work: Checks work quality before delivery and asks relevant questions to meet quality standards.
- Ensures Continuous Improvement: Shows eagerness to learn new knowledge, technologies, tools or systems and displays willingness to go above and beyond.
- Fulfills Safety and Regulatory Requirements: Demonstrates basic knowledge of conditions that affect safety and reports unsafe conditions to the appropriate person or department.
MANAGING RESOURCES EFFECTIVELY (S2):
- Demonstrates Accountability: Takes responsibility for completing assigned activities and thinks beyond standard approaches to provide high-quality work/service.
- Stewards Organizational Resources: Displays understanding of how personal actions will impact departmental resources.
- Makes Data Driven Decisions: Uses accurate information and good decision making to consistently achieve results on time and without error.
FOSTERING INNOVATION (S2):
- Generates New Ideas: Willingly proposes/accepts ideas or initiatives that will impact day-to-day operations by offering suggestions to enhance them.
- Applies Technology: Absorbs new technology quickly; understands when to utilize the appropriate tools and procedures to ensure proper course of action.
- Adapts to Change: Embraces change by keeping an open mind to changing plans and incorporates change instructions into own area of work.
VUMC Recent Accomplishments
Because we are committed to providing the best in patient care, education and research, we are proud of our recent accomplishments:
US News & World Report: #1 Hospital in Tennessee, #1 Health Care Provider in Nashville, #1 Audiology (Bill Wilkerson Center), 9 adult and 9 pediatric clinical specialties ranked among the nation's best, #15 Education and Training
Truven Health Analytics: among the top 100 hospitals in the US
Becker's Hospital Review: one of the "100 Greatest Hospitals in America"
The Leapfrog Group: grade "A" in Hospital Safety Score
National Institutes of Health: among the top 10 grant awardees for medical research in the US
American Association for the Advancement of Science: 12 faculty members elected fellows in 2014
Magnet Recognition Program: Vanderbilt nurses are the only group honored in Tennessee
Nashville Business Journal: Middle Tennessee's healthiest employer
Vanderbilt University Medical Center is a comprehensive health care facility dedicated to patient care, research, and biomedical education. Our reputation for excellence in these areas has made us a major center for patient referrals from throughout the Mid-South. Each year, people throughout Tennessee and the Southeast choose Vanderbilt University Medical Center for their health care because of our leadership in medical science and our dedication to treating patients with dignity and compassion.The mission of Vanderbilt University Medical Center is to advance health and wellness through preeminent programs in patient care, education, and research.